The Project Manager is the primary point of contact for new and existing customers during product development, scale up, filing, launch, and commercialization. He/she will be responsible for managing all aspects of the tech transfer process and new product tasks for an assigned group of customers and/or internally funded projects. The Project Manager is the critical liaison between the customer and many Company departments, including R&D, Finance, Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Operations, and Business Development. This position will be charged with strengthening new customer relationships and ensuring unparalleled levels of customer satisfaction as a given project is moved forward through development and into commercialization.
• Work with the Business Development group to formalize and lead all aspects of a given project, including building a Gantt chart, chairing meetings, checking progress against mutually agreeable goals, writing meeting notes, and being the liaison for the customer and/or external vendors
• Manage all aspects of new project and commercial project needs
• On a daily basis, manage projects through diligent follow through with internal colleagues to ensure projects are on time
• Conduct meetings with all departments to facilitate timely movement of orders through the system
• Ensure billing milestones occur on time and are accounted for by Finance
• Creation and maintenance of internal item documents related to position
• Working through the Purchasing Department, assist in sourcing of materials needed for customer orders when appropriate
• Work with customer to maintain accurate and current art files
• Review all customer orders for accuracy and completeness
• Track and communicate the status of orders to customers
• Work continually to enhance the relationship with the customer, including hosting site visits at the Company and visiting the customer at their place of business when appropriate
• Function as the central point of communication for all other departments, including R&D, Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Inventory Control, Production & Shipping for assigned projects
• Work with Business Development on customer strategy and tactics to grow existing customer revenue
• Interface regularly with the customer and internal colleagues through email, phone, and personal interaction
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Fluency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word, MS Project software programs
• Demonstrated capabilities in project management, team leadership, and goal achievement.
• Clear and precise communicator with the ability to interact with people at all levels.
• Team oriented and exceptional interpersonal skills.
• Possess an understanding of the development and manufacturing side of the pharmaceutical industry
• Energetic, results-oriented, winning attitude with the ability to organize and prioritize.
• Exceptional professional agility.
• Ability to anticipate challenges and provide solutions.
• Ability to directly hold people accountable to mutually agreed timelines.
• Ability to anticipate challenges and provide customer solutions.
• Strong organizational skills, with attention to detail.
• Exceptional ability to meet deadlines and work according to schedules.
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to influence without authority.
- Experience in solid oral dosage form development and manufacturing
- CMO experience in serving customers outside of the Company
- Bachelor’s degree
- Advanced degree
- 2 years of applicable experience
- 4 years+ of applicable experience
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position requiring 40 hours of work per week Monday through Friday
Decision Making Impact:
- High level of decision-making regarding client interaction, timelines, prioritization, project scope, etc.
Communication & Interaction:
- High level of inter- and intra-departmental communication. In addition, the role requires a high degree of professionalism due to significant external communication with clients and consultants.
- Leadership without authority