Looking for Successful Leaders
The Production Technician position performs all tasks involved in the pharmaceutical process following cGMP’s and SOP’s such as wet granulation, dry granulation, tablet compression, encapsulation, tablet coating, packaging and finished product, put product on stability. The position follows standard work methods and practices safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible.
- Perform hands on R&D process/product scale up and production studies on specifically assigned products and projects.
- Assist Formulator in Pre-formulation and product development batches.
- Perform cleanings to rooms and equipment, major and minor cleaning, swabs equipment, cleaning verification, confined space entry, lockout tag out.
- Perform sampling of raw materials and packaging components.
- Thorough understanding of cGMP requirements and safety practices must be exhibited.
- Dispose of hazardous waste trash into hazardous waste room.
- Ensure quality and compliance in accordance with established quality procedures and standards.
- Comply with and support Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Operate and troubleshoot a variety of machinery.
- Perform line changeovers, which include cleaning, disassembly, re-assembly of line equipment.
- Support production performance, working closely with team associates for achievement of production standards.
- Perform preventive maintenance in order to sustain production performance and adhere to a fixed schedule.
- Follow SOP’s, Batch Production Records and adhere to established cleaning programs.
- Work as a High Performance Team member supporting all aspects of team performance.
- Understand and seek production continuous improvement.
- Complete batch record documentation monitoring Right First Time results.
- Report all safety concerns and hazards immediately.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
Protective clothing, head gear and eye wear must be worn at all times.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The position involves sitting, walking and lifting less than 10 pounds for long periods of time throughout the day. Lifting is required.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position requiring 40 hours of work per week Monday through Friday
Required Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in a production environment.
- Demonstrated good verbal and written communication skills.
- Team-oriented and flexible to meet business needs and adapt to changing assignments.
- Highly motivated and self-driven with a desire to continuously improve own skill set.
- Ability to function productively under supervision.
- Good organizational skills, detail oriented.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.