The Controller will have the overall responsibility for management of the general accounting functions (general ledger, accounts payable and revenue), financial statement preparation, GAAP compliance, annual audit, policies and procedures, internal controls, budgets and forecasts, cost accounting and inventory control and the accounting system in general.
- Maintain all aspects of the general ledger and perform account reconciliation and analysis as required.
- Preparation of financial statements, monthly reporting package and other reports, ensuring their accuracy, timeliness and compliance with GAAP.
- Work with internal staff and outside accounting firm to complete tax return and eventually annual audits and reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Coordinate and/or assist in preparation of annual budget, and quarterly and monthly internal reporting of actual and forecasted results.
- Work with other Company managers to develop, implement, monitor and improve analysis and metrics to drive performance.
- Performing cost accounting and cost analysis.
- Work with the interim CFO to continue to build and improve infrastructure.
- Identify resources and implement solutions that will streamline departmental policies and procedures.
- Monitor and improve internal controls in accordance with industry standards and best practices.
- Take lead and ownership in a variety of special projects.
- BS in Accounting, CPA or MBA preferred.
- Must be hands-on, have strong work ethic and possess can-do attitude.
- Ideal candidate will have six plus years of combined public, industry and management experience.
- Strong technical background and knowledge base of all aspects of GAAP.
- Solid written and verbal communication, analytical and management skills.
- Experience in Healthcare industry helpful, but not required.
- Candidate must be able to effectively interact with various levels of management including division managers and senior corporate personnel.
- Knowledge of the QuickBooks accounting system and able to lead initiative for upgrade to new software platform (yet to be determined).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word & PowerPoint).
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position requiring 40 hours of work per week Monday through Friday